Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

I imagine Jesus himslef came to President Hinckley, took him by the hand, and invited him to come home with him. I know his wife was waiting for him and they are so happy to be together again. Can you imagine how Joseph Smith felt - getting to meet Gordon Hinckley? Oh my, what a conversation they're having. I wonder who's doing most of the talking? Pres. Hinckly had a great sense of humor - I wonder about Joseph.
I'm sad for me and the rest of the world. He was so special to us all. He never scolded or made me feel uncomfortable by his words. He just loved and encouraged. We had Ward Conference yesterday and I had the opportunity to sustain Pres. Hinckley as my prophet, seer, and revelator for the last time. In April I will teach "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet" to my Primary children. That will not be easy with the memories of my beloved prophet still so fresh in my mind.
I know that our next prophet will be called of God and with that mantle placed on him, he will become as special to me as Pres. HInckley - but I think he waill always be my favorite. I know his council to us would be to go forward with faith, always living our life as the Savior would have us live, sustaining our leaders, loving and serving all mankind.

1 comment:

The ZamFam said...

I am taking the kids to Gus' work this afternoon (or tomorrow, which is ever best for him) to go to the viewing. I am glad that I get to physically go see him one last time and say goodbye. I am grateful to live here in SLC where I am so close and get to hear about him all the time. One of my girlfriends and I told our kid's teachers to prepare a little bit of a lesson about this for sunday. Her little girl is reacting just like D. She doesnt want any other Prophet but Pres. Hinckley. It breaks my heart. For FHE, we had a lesson on him and watched some videos of him bearing his testimony and the incredible work he has done. The kids wanted to leave his picture on our fridge so they could see him as much as they wanted. I caught them talking to him tuesday. It was cute. I acted like I wasnt paying attention, but it was one of those moments I am grateful for my little babies who have unfaltering faith. I wish I did one somedays. Even when Pres. Hinckley isn't here on earth, he still reaches out and touches my heart.