1. His full name? Eugene Carl Kerr II (not junior!)
2. How long have you been together? Married for 36.5 years.
3. How long did you date? We dated for 15 months before we were engaged. We were engaged for 6 months. Add that to the years married - 38 years, 3 months.
4. How old is he? 57.
6. Who said "I Love You" first? Gene did. We were on the train at Knott's Berry Farm and he said, "My Mom asked me if I loved you and I told her 'I think so.'" Then he said, "I love you." And I told him right back!
10. Who does the laundry? Me. Gene can start the machines but when it comes to ironing, well, he wasn't a very good student. He has several pairs of underclothing and a dozen white shirts. So I can be away for about 14 days before his supply is depleted.
11. Who pays the bills? Gene.
12. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? IF you look at it from the foot of the bed, I do. But when we're in it, Gene does.
13. Who mows the lawn? The gardener.
14. Who cooks dinner? Me, unless it's BBQ. Then the meat is up to him and I do the rest.
15. Who drives? Gene most of the time.
16. Who kissed whom first? He kissed me first - and I've never forgotten it!
17. Who's more stubborn? Me.
18. Who asked whom out first? He asked me.
19. Who proposed? He did. We were playing pool in the family room in my parent's home. He said, "If I asked you to marry me, when would you want your ring?" "Now." "Will you marry me?" (with ring in hand. I asked if it was real.)
20. Who has more friends? It's a tie. We both have 4, including each other.
21. Who is more sensitive? Me, hands down. Gene keeps his emotions in tack. I am a blubbering fool.
22. Who has more siblings? Me - 3 sisters. Gene is an only child.
23. Who wears the pants? Gene does, but he lets me make decisions with him.
He's one of those no-nonsense people. He says what he thinks. He has become more mellow as he's aged. He is crazy about his children and grandies and he makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world to him. He's a keeper!!!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You've got a keeper! I love my dad
Dad you are the best. I appreciated the call the other day. I was a bit down and you made my week.
Yes, he is the best!!! And he's MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't think you were gonna do this, I am glad you did so that people get to see how awesome he is. I love you both!! Miss you guys!
Yea, he's pretty awesome. Can you imagine what he would have done if he tagged me? Yikes - I don't want to think about it.
Post a Comment