I thought I'd write about the last 2 months. While June started off in a sad way with the loss of Ruth, the rest of the summer has been great. All of our children (except Steve and Gus) and grandchildren were with us for the funeral. Then they started to leave, one family at a time. It was busy, noisy, and hectic while they were here, but great at the same time. Two days after the last family left, I took off for Colorado for about 2 weeks. I loved being Mom and Nani. I played, sewed, played, babysit, played, ate, played, and sewed some more. Jodie was able to spend some much needed time with her girl friends and I got to play with Taylor and Mason. Jodie's description of him as 'tank' is correct. He is one massive hunk of little boy - but not a stitch of fat on him. I don't envy their grocery bill. I wonder if Taylor will marry a big eater like the rest of the men in her family - only time will tell. I came home for a few days then Jodie, Taylor and Mason returned to California for 3 weeks. Again, we played. We went to San Clemente on the train, Disneyland, Santa Monica pier, American Girl at the Grove, had birthday parties for Hunter and Taylor, played at Bass Pro Shops (wow) just to name a few. Jodie was able to have a couple of days with her friends and I got to play more with the kids. Two days after she left, I went to Utah to be with Becky and her family. And I played. We went to a baseball game, the zoo, and a picnic for Gus' work. Gus and Becky went on a date and I got to have Dallin, Kailee and Tylie to myself. Tylie was sick and spent 3 days in bed - sleeping. I never saw a 14 month old baby sleep so much. She didn't want to be held, but be in her own bed. I was really sad. But as soon as she got over it, she was her normal, adorable self. She loves to kiss!!!!! So I got my fill of kisses. Becky and I went to the Salt Lake Temple one evening. It was her first time there. If you' ve been inside the SL Temple, you understand why it was so special. We went to dinner afterwards and a very handsome gentleman 'hit' on my beautiful dark haired daughter. She didn't even flirt with him - he just couldn't help himself. He gave each of us a $10 gift certificate to return for dinner. Becky will use it when she and her handsome husband go there next time. (Side note - I have these 4 beautiful, darling girls and it's so much fun to spend time with them. People always check them out!) I returned home early Saturday morning and went straight to bed, where I stayed until Sunday for Primary.
Gene and I are anxious to leave on our trip. Gene met with the Lauper's while I was gone and all of our side trips are ready to go. We have Museum passes for Paris (Paris!), and Kelly served as adviser for our tours in Portugal. He said to make sure we see castles and eat pastries. Gus added that we need to try the sausage. Checking prices, I've eliminated the purchase of a Prada purse while in Italy. Our dollar isn't worth much in Europe right now. Heck, it isn't worth much here right now. However, I hear that diamonds are very reasonable - but somehow I don't see my purchasing one for myself.
Preston, Taylor and Dallin all start school. Hunter and Kailee will be in pre-school again. It's hard to believe they will both be in kindergarten in a year. Our grandchildren have grown up so quickly. Preston will be baptized in October when his Dad gets home - I still remember his birth so clearly. Have 8 years really gone by? Kora will turn 2 while we're gone. She's half Mason's size but she holds her own. Small but mighty! Jodie said that Kora is the only child that makes Mason cry. I think it's because she's so little, he doesn't know what to do when she wants a toy he has. Instead of hitting her, he gives in. He pulls the best faces. I think Lisa said Bryson would start pre-school as soon as he's potty trained (which we all know they do when THEY want to and not when MOM wants them to - we've all been through it). Tylie and Mylie are still just little squirts with the most charming little smiles. I hope to see the Kelly Kerr family before we leave.
This has been one of the best summer's I've ever had. I've played, enjoyed my family, and just plain loved it!!!!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that's one busy summer. I can't believe you did all that in just one summer and it's not even over yet. I can't even say we do that much in one year. I'm sure your cruise will be busy too but very relaxing. Enjoy and have fun with your hubby and the laupers. Can't wait to hear the great stories you'll have of all that you saw and did.
Post a Comment