Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stick a fork in her -

she's done! After 5 years with the same company, I resigned today. A little bitter sweet as I love the sales reps I'm surrounded by all day. They have made me laugh and made me tougher than I ever thought I'd be, and taught me how to laugh at myself. I have to admit that I enjoyed the jokes at my expense (you know, legs so white they thought I was wearing long white socks with my tennis shoes, glass eye, hair that refuses to be messed up even in the strongest wind). I even got a nice email from the Warehouse Manager this evening. Sort of choked me up. I have grown more and learned more in the last 5 years than ever before. And I have learned that I really like me. That in turn allows me to like others very eassily. God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. He has never failed me and I know that my leaving at this time is right. I'll go back to temping, which I loved. Becky has already put in her order for Easter dresses for Kailee and Tylie.

With the news from Jodie this afternoon that Steve is being deployed to Iraq, my new freedom will allow me to take a more active supporting role for her and her children. I have felt so strongly lately that I need to perform more service for others - this isn't the answer I was looking for. I don't worry about Steve's safety, but I know how he feels when he's away from his family and I know how much his family loves him and depends on him. It will be rough on all of them, but prayers, emails, satellite communication will ease the loneliness. Having been brought up and taught in a very partriotic home, I have always honored this country and those who serve her. I'm grateful for Steve's acceptance of an assignment that was neither sought after nor refused.

Now on a lighter side, I feel like going to Target and getting a bright yellow purse to go with my purple Hawaiian print dress!!!

3 comments:

The ZamFam said...

I am so excited for you to get back to your normal self of not stressing about your job. Yay for you! By the way, I was showing a couple of my girlfriends the dresses you are making for my girls and they want to place an order!!

Jodie said...

How about that yellow purse! Love it!! Have a wonderful and safe trip and we will see you in a few weeks!

the mrazek family said...

Is the Mama and the Papa of the famous Kerr family? It's been so fun to get updated with everyone through the blogs! I'll keep checking back!