Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm loving it

My girls have told me that Gene and I need to post on our blog. So here is a quick update: I love road trips (actually, I like any kind of trip). I flew to Colorado to drive back to California with Jodie and my Hendricks grandies. The trip was long but not hard. Most of the driving was done at night and Jodie drive the majority of the time. The only bad part of the trip was when we lost Mason's favorite blanket and the ice chest (full of food and Diet Coke). We made it to Kingman, Arizona and had to stop to sleep. The motel was beautiful. Taylor loved the palm trees. When we pulled into the driveway at home we were greeted by Becky and her children. What a treat. It was so cute to see the cousins together. Taylor and Dallin have always loved each other - so they're really cute together. It was good to be home - I missed my hubby (Can't imagine how Jo feels).

My Primary children sang on Sunday (The Atonement by Clive Romney - the most beautiful Primary song about the Atonement. If you want a copy, let me know and I'll send it to you). Preston, Taylor, Dallin and Kailee were on the stand, too. I loved it.

Gus flew in the following Friday evening and we had Easter dinner Saturday. It was wonderful to have the family together - except we missed Bryan, Lisa and Bryson.

Now, I find myself still unemployed and loving it. I have many sewing projects going on (I should say I have TOO MANY going on but I love to sew and enjoy every moment at the machine). I'm still working on Mylie's quilt, a challenging pattern has me confused most of the time. I have a quilt to make for our bed. I have purchased several pieces of fabric for little grandie's dresses. I've had several baby showers and have made crib sheets and coordinating blankets for gifts. My friend Stephanie is expecting two grandies (one is a girl, the other we don't know yet), so I'll have a couple other baby gifts to make. - need a special, unique baby gift? Give me a call. I'm getting really fast, and loving it. I keep up with the laundry and Gene barely gets his dress shirt off when it gets washed, ironed and hung back in his closet. And I'm loving it. I get to bake cookies, bread, make soup, etc. to share with neighbors and friends and I love that, too. The Temple is always a treat (and with the price of gas, once a month is all I do anymore), expecially when I get to go with Mimi. We usually have to stop at Wal Mart for something, then have lunch. Her son-in-law recently got home from Iraq, so we have that to talk about, as well as our husbands (Gene and Marc are SO much alike), children, grandies, trips, and our weight. We keep threatening to start water arobics, but we have to have Becky teach up. We don't think we'll ever look as good as she does, but it's worth a try, right? Anyways, I love my Mimi fixes.

We've been on an old, epic movie kick lately - The Greatest Story Ever Told, Midway, El Cid, just to name a few. Gene is the movie buff. I just like to be entertained. We're getting anxious for our August trip. Gene is busy with work and his church calling. I'm just busy staying busy!

Today is Gene and Jodie's birthday. For Gene, it's another day closer to retirement and for Jo, it's the wonderful 30th.

That brings me up to date since my last post. No babies expected right now. No excitinbg news to share, just the news that my family is fine and I'm loving it!!!

2 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Geez - I have to leave a comment to add to the blog. Bryan and I drove back to Colorado when Jo got to see Steve for a few days before he left for Iraq. I always have fun with Bryan. He's so quick witted and funny. We were driving during the day this time and I made the comment how much I loved nature (except for New Mexico, which is the ugliest state I;ve ever seen). I said "I love nature." Bryan said, "In spite of what it's done to you?" I love it.

Jodie said...

Yeah, you did it. There is a way to edit and repost to your blog so you don't have to comment! Go to New Post, click on Edit post, choose the post you want to edit and then click on Publish post again. The only thing that will change will be what you did. The date, time, everything else will stay the same. Give it a shot.
Great post, I loved it.