Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's been quite a while since I've updated our blog. It's been a busy month. My sweet mom-in-law passed away from a sudden heart attack on June 3. She was 88. I'm one of the few women who could call her mom-in-law an angel. I miss her and I cry when I look at her pictures, think about her, when I see Grandpa without her or talk to him and not be able to talk to her. He's lonely without her. He called yesterday to talk. He said, "It was 3 weeks ago today that Ruth died." He's fortunate to have his family. His grandchildren call him to check up on him and he loves their phone visits.

After the funeral was over and all of our children and grandies returned home, I left to Colorado to spend some time with Jodie. She had a few projects that needed assistance, and as I love to be with my daughter, grandies, and to sew, it was a win win situation for me. Jodie got the basement put back together while I played and sewed. Taylor sat on my lap one afternoon for a sewing lesson. She is such a girly girl and I enjoyed the lesson.

Jodie, Taylor and Mason will be here in a week and stay for 3 weeks. We're looking forward to their visit. After they go home, I'll go to Becky's for a few days. When I get home, Gene and I will go on vacation for a couple of weeks. It isn't soon enough for him - politics just aren't his thing!

Thank you for your support of our family during the last few weeks. Your calls and prayers have been felt by all of us. I'm especially grateful for our children - they've been great!!!!! ~ Susie

2 comments:

The ZamFam said...

We are excited to have you out. You get to have a fun summer! Enjoy your time alone with Dad. Love you!

Jodie said...

Alright mom. You've updated your blog! Thanks for the visit and all you help with NO COMPLAINTS! It was a relief, trust me! I love you, you are the best and have defiantly showed me the type of mom/mother in law I want to be when my kids are grown up and have moved on! Steve and I have talked about the lessons we've learned from that whole experience and have taken to heart what Papa says about "something good always comes out of everything"