Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday News

Tylie had her surgery Thursday. I know that doctors who work at Primary Children's hospital are used to miracles, but I wonder if they ever grow immune to them. I don't. Tylie is still a baby - with tubes in her ears and an adenoidectomy around noon Thursday afternoon, we fully expected her to have an overnight stay on the hospital. I'm not saying I don't have faith, but when Gus and Becky were home WITH Ty before 5:00 that evening, it refreshed my faith in miracles. If I hadn't been there, I would have suspected Becky of gross exaggeration. Ty never missed a meal or even whimpered in pain. She doesn't get than from her Nani, the whimp.

Steve is home. I hope to 'hear' a reenactment of the homecoming. I talked briefly to Jodie to update her on Tylie.

Lisa has a doctor's appointment this week. I hope for an update - she went to the doctor last week and we never heard anything. By Friday evening I had to call to hear the news. Bryan, Lisa and Bryce were all sick in bed.

No news from the K Kerr family. All is well!

My Primary Children's Sacrament Meeting program was today. And as always, they were great. So many people remark that the children know so many verses to so many songs. I can attribute that to the children loving to sing, and to the inspiration of Father in Heaven who helps me teach them. This is now the fun time of year when I get to teach them songs not recommended. And yes, we'll start Christmas music soon!!

Mimi and I had a bridal shower for Kamila Kasparian yesterday (her fiance has a Patrick Dempsey look - it's his eyes). There were about 35 people there. It was a blast. Her friends put together a 'honeymoon' bag. Elizabeth may have to explain some of the goodies!!

That's it for the Gene Kerr household. We look forward to a wonderful week and an even better weekend - General Conference. I love it!!!

2 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Forgot something very important - thank you, Becky, for the new blog look. I'll call you for the next change. Love ~ Mom

Kerr Family said...

I love the pumpkins. This fits you perfectly. Can't wait to see a Christmas background. That one will really fit you.

Glad the family is doing well. Too bad the B Kerr fam is sick. We were afraid when we didn't hear anything from Lisa...glad everything is going well.

Also glad Tylie was home so soon. Tylie seems like a great baby. I only heard her cry once and I can't even say it was actually crying since it was quieter than anything I've ever heard. Hope she is feeling 100% soon.

Also looking forward to blogs from the Hendricks. So glad Steve his home!

Love you guys!